I saw an article entitled ‘Businesses Up Close’ in a local magazine recently; I thought the questions asked were great, and that you could benefit from them too. I’ve adapted them a bit, added a couple of my own, but all of these are crucial questions to be able to answer from your heart and soul, and then communicate easily. If you find yourself challenged by any of them, take some time to reflect; this is a great opportunity to allow clarity to come forth.
Imagine you are being interviewed by the editor of a prestigious journal for an article. It will go out in print, online and via their Facebook page, to many hundreds of thousands of subscribers. You’re in the drawing room of a smart hotel; the journalist is recording what you say; you’ve put on clothes for this occasion in which you feel really comfortable, successful, and confident. The journalist has been friendly and helped you feel at ease. Really feel into this situation — you know you’re going to get great exposure to just the people you most want to connect with. What would you answer to these questions? Feel free to post your answers below — it would be great to hear what’s going on out there..
1. Describe your business in one sentence.
2. What do you most enjoy about your business?
3. Who is your target market?
4. What is your unique selling point?
5. How do you gain most of your business?
6. Who are you most influenced by and why?
7. What is your vision for the future?
8. Outside of your business, what are the most important aspects of your life?
9. What do you do to unwind?
10. Describe what underpins the success of your business.